Animal Research Facility(ARF)
IPharm Animal Research Facility (IPARF) is designed and built to meet the international standards of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Good Laboratory Practice (OECD-GLP) and the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) to carry out preclinical animal studies and Specific Pathogen-Free (SPF) rodent breeding program. We are talking to Bio Con. Malaysia for QC of Bio similar product contract services.
The following laboratory services are available:
- Histopathology-Histopathology Laboratory offers service in preparing histology/histopatholgy slides and staining techniques. The Histology Laboratory houses automatic tissue processor, paraffin embedding station (with cold plate), rotary microtome, tissue floatation bath, tissue flattening table and autostainer.
- Hematology and biochemistry analysis
- The facility architecture design coupled with air pressure setting distinguish the dirty and clean movement within the facility and minimize potential of cross contamination.
- A controlled environment where the air is HEPA-filtered and microbial, sanitation, temperature, humidity, illumination, noise level and air quality of the facility are regularly monitored.
- Laboratories and areas are specifically designed for different scientific purposes such as animal holding rooms, Specific Pathogen-Free (SPF) rodent breeding rooms, clean room (class 10,000),surgical room, procedure rooms, Animal Biosafety Level 2 (ABSL 2) laboratory, quarantine room and necropsy rooms.
- Individually Ventilated Caging (IVC) System for animal husbandary.
- Specialized equipments for motor activity and behavioral studies such as Rotarod System, Grip Strength System, Multi-purpose Activity Monitoring System and Startle Response Monitoring System.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Facility
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy is based on magnetic properties of certain nuclei. Hydrogen (1H) and carbon (13C) nuclei are the most techniques commonly available. NMR gives information about the number of magnetically distinct atoms of the type being studied. NMR spectroscopy is routinely used by chemists for characterization of complex polymer samples, structure elucidation of small compounds and protein binding studies. This NMR spectroscopy offers its non-destructive character that allows a full recovery of the original sample.
IPharm in collaboration with USM provides access to the most up-to-date NMR facility which includes Bruker Ascend 700 MHz spectrometer.
The state-of-the-art sensitivity cryo-probe is ideal for structural biology research, materials research applications and highly sensitive for small compounds. The spectrometer is equipped with a TCI CryoProbe, a triple resonance NMR ‘inverse’ probe optimized for 1H/13C/15N experiments.
- Natural Products and Synthesis Products Platform-Experiment: 1H, 13C, HMBC, HSQC, COSY, TOCSY, NOESY, Full Set Package
- Metabolomics and Proteomics Platform-Experiment: 1H, Jres (Profilling), HSQC (profiling), Full Set Package
- Price charges varies with sample turnaround time-Price charges also depend on number of samples received, unlimited sample package only for 1H and 13C only